Friday, June 27, 2008

When I was one, I had just begun

My friends have just started having the babies and although it scares the bejesus out of moi, these new little people are such a wonderful mix of their parents that you can't help but fall in love with them. It also means you can go hang out in the kids section and not be accused of getting clucky. So, anytime I come across something bub-related, I stash the idea for when it will be most age appropriate. I almost bought a pair of size 7 dinosaur gumboots(!) for my fave little 6 month old last week,

but sense prevailed and I came out with a rubber duck instead.

Now first birthdays will start coming up soon and I found the sweetest idea, via coco+kelley, on Kelley Moore's blog. Grossly paraphrasing here, she suggests having all the guests write words of wisdom and have them place their knowledge in a music box for the birthday baby to open on their 16th birthday. I think that's just lovely.

If Polaroids weren't almost a thing of the past, it would be just the thing to capture the baby and birthday wellwisher together and have them pop their thoughts on the bottom of the photo so your son and daughter could see how much fun everyone was having at "their" 1st birthday party. Can you imagine them all framed? Perfect!

No comments: