Friday, July 4, 2008

Make it 150

I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to movies. My first job was in a video store and lasted for way longer than a first job should - the perk of unlimited movies was too great. I also worked with a fantastic bunch of kids.
Due to my innate slackness, after I left, I rarely saw any of them, but recently I ran into one of the girls and she invited me to her 21st birthday. It was a fantastic night and I loved catching up with them all.
Tonight, we went out for a coffee at a cute little 70s style supperclub. Again I was spoilt, with some gorgeous jewellery from Palas and some yummy wine, but the best part was just hanging out, shooting the breeze.
And yet, despite having a great night, I have left feeling unsettled; something is just not right.
One of the girls had confessed that she had never seen the Sarah Jessica Parker classic "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". I mean, how does she sleep at night???
So Miss K, you said you've been reading this, get ready to live...


I sooooooooooooo need to see this movie again.

3 comments:

I ♥ You said...

Best. Movie. Ever. It was a slumber party staple when i was a kid. As was Shag. Have you ever seen it? I LOVE IT!!!

Pippa said...

no, never...
I just googled it. Its got Phoebe Cates in it, well i love it already - Drop Dead Fred was worn out at my house. Plot sounds RAD (should that be Groovy?). Looks like I am going on a dvd hunt this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Miss K told me about your blog, so now I can use it to voyeuristically peer into my friend's social lives :) I really should do something similar.