Sunday, August 3, 2008

MIA

For once, this hasn't been a case of

Image via Ffffound

My computer has been sick for the last week so I haven't been able to post.

Now, I think it passed its virus on to me. I am glad I am not a large nogginned giraffe (it is a recognised species) as I have a sore throat and headache and I have been feeling very sorry for myself. I was stuck in bed all Saturday and moved to the couch on Sunday for some DVDs - and luckily I got some absolute crackers. I highly recommend all of them.

First off was The Water Horse starring the most gorgeous child actor I think I've ever seen.

It was a really lovely movie and I had a few tears, a few giggles and one cheer out loud moment that I am glad no one was around to witness. I also noticed a couple of Australian actors which made me love it a little bit more.

Next one I watched was a New Zealand movie called Eagle vs Shark which starred Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords. This was slightly left of centre, but my cold and flu tablet addled brain supped up its absurd humour. And, it had stop motion animation in it. I love that.


The last one was a bit of pure indulgence for me. I like nothing better than a good dance movie, especially one where there is a mismatched love interest storyline. After the bliss that was Step Up, it was a hit and battleship sunk along with any reservations I may have had when I stuck Step Up 2 - The Streets in my DVD player. It even had a white dress dance moment a la Dirty Dancing. Heavenly.
So there we have it; seamonsters, Kiwi mullets and hip-hop dance offs. I think I have provided clear evidence that although I currently have no taste, I still have taste where it counts.

1 comment:

Brown Button Trading said...

oh pippy you poor thing? you feeling any better? i bet my bitch of a laptop gave you the virus - sorry if it was!! - Will have to watch those DVD's soon me thinks! xx