Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Perty Pictures

I am in love with these paintings. The artist, Benedetta Borrometi, is originally from Rome, but is now based in Tokyo.

Her paintings exude a childlike exuberence that seems to spring from the clash of the two cultures.

I am so drawn to the sense of whimsy in her execution (mainly cos I love the word whimsy - its pure euphony) .Her use of non-traditional elements in her mixture of media, such as wall ornaments and vintage kimono fabric as below, just adds to their unique outlook.

Glittery goodness.

3 comments:

Emma said...

What a find! I love the circus one .. anything with glitter is A O K in my world xx
Loving the new header too!

Amanda said...

Oh my god, I love these!

Benedetta Borrometi said...

thank you so much to like my paintings...benedetta,,,contact me for more infomation.ciaoB